Hi Folks! I’ve been doing some experiments with procedural shaders. My main goal is to achieve pretty realistic materials and highly customizable.
My first result is this wood shader, mainly for use in furnitures. Besides of the procedural wood texture, I’ve made some customizations like some scratches in the surface and the possibility of put some dust for a more realistic result with furnitures.
With all this details, the node setup for this shader has become quite complex . But I put all the main configurations for the shader in a node group, this way its use becomes quite simple and intuitive. You can see below some description of the shader’s features:
During the past few months, I’ve been working on a new project. After the frustration that was the last game in the Resident Evil series (RE6). I decided to create something to satisfy my desire for a Resident Evil game in the old fashioned way…
I do not know if I can make a game completely, but I’m having a great time trying to recreate the Raccoon Police Department of the old Resident Evil games.
For this project, I had to learn how to work with the UDK. I would like to do the whole project in Blender, but I wish to create graphs that seem relevant within the current industry standard of video games, and unfortunately Blender has its shortcomings when it comes to game engine!
I’ve completed two rooms of the Raccoon Police Department, and I intend to do at least all 17 rooms of the first floor of the police station. It’s too much work for one person, I know! But I really like the previous games in the Resident Evil series, it will be a pleasure to have all that effort!
Check out the first room video:
And some screenshots of the last room that I’ve made:
And the video:
Image Posted on Updated on
After a long time of researches and tests. I finally finished my first female character in Blender. I’ve learned a lot with this project, especially in not giving up! Sometimes, some results may be hard to conquer, but with dedication and study you can do anything!
I learned a lot about topology and proportions, and definitly my next project will be a lot better than this one.
Let me know what you think, any criticism is welcome!